Who are the WLA?
We are a leadership development consultancy focusing on female leaders. We’ve been working with C-Suite and executive women since 2015, helping them build the confidence to find their voice as leaders.
Applying tried and trusted coaching methodologies, members develop the courage to be authentic in their personal as well as professional lives.
We also provide the community and support to help them achieve their potential, and become inspiring leaders as part of a wider purpose-driven movement.
- To be the most authentic, transformative and celebratory leadership network for women leaders.
- To awaken women so that they see who they truly are – accepting what they are brilliant at and continually wanting to grow, learn and develop.
- To show our care, our focus on a strong curriculum and working with energies, our ability to stretch the potential people see within themselves and the love, fun and happiness we have within the network and our team.
- To build a network of thousands of women where business collaborations are the norm.
- To support corporates looking for external support for their internal D&I programmes.
Hi There, I’m Sandra!
I established the WLA back in 2015 with 3 clear intentions:
- To ‘awaken’ women to their potential within by enhancing their leadership, their courage and their impact.
- To create a network that is built upon business collaboration (not exchanging business cards)
- To enable women to give back to others.
These three principles are as important today as they ever have been.
With a background in executive coaching, I provide insight, guidance, inspiration and transformation to those I work with. I’m a speaker and self-published author and am currently training to be a certified systemic team coach. My coaching experience extends for almost 20 years with a passion for inspiring leaders to lead integrated, purposeful lives.
In November 2020 I established the WLA Coachathon, an annual one day fundraiser for MicroLoan Foundation which has raised over £35,000 to date.
In May 2022 I travelled to Malawi to see the impact of the money raised as well as pushing myself to climb the highest mountain in the country.
We are super proud of the ambassadors who work tirelessly in supporting both the work of the WLA and in promoting women within their own circle of influence.
These individuals are passionate about seeing gender balance.
CLAIRE D’ABREU- HAYLING
Chief Scientific Officer, Sandoz
Chair, National Nuclear Laboratory
Managing Director, Stanmore Insurance
Founder & CEO, MID Communications
People & Sustainability Director at Nichols Plc (The Home of Vimto)
Chief Scientist, Shell
Director, People & Infrastructure, Sir Robert McAlpine
Owner & Director of Genius You
CEO, Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation
The Coaching Haven
People Director at Amey & Executive Coach
There are many reasons for you to join:
‘I am part of The WLA because I constantly learn to think BIG!’
Deputy Director of Workforce Intelligence at Wirral University Teaching Hospital
NHS Foundation Trust
‘I want to encourage more women to have the confidence to stretch themselves and to be confident in their own ability.’
Chief People Officer, N Brown.
‘The WLA is a safe environment to challenge yourself’’
CEO of Roy Castle Foundation.
‘For anyone who is thinking about joining WLA, it’s quite simply a no brainer, an investment where your business will benefit hugely’.
Corporate Business Manager
Lets Keep in Touch
Interested in some free female leadership development? Get tips and advice delivered straight to your inbox with our free weekly newsletter.
By submitting this form you consent to be contacted by the WLA using the details provided.